Existing Member?

Journeys If you meet Buddha in the road, kill him.

Granada

NICARAGUA | Sunday, 14 September 2008 | Views [237]

So here I am in Nicaragua. Everyone is so nice here...I woke up early as I heard a band. I realized that it was the weekend of Independence day in Central America. I dressed quickly...and showered...oops...I still need to buy toothpaste...of course that would involve actual money. Card in the pocket...camera in the bag...and out the door. My card worked...I am rich! Then I was shooting the parade in the central square like mad. People actually tried to get out of my way as I shot! On their special day! I definitely like Nicaragua so far. I had a lovely breakfast and went to an internet cafe. Everything was perfect. I got back to the dorm to pay and met a couple of people and we went to the supermarket to buy some things to make for dinner. Together we made pasta and salad. It was great...though it is hard to cook with 2 pots, and one cutting board and one knife with about 15 people trying to cook too! Tomorrow is the big day. I will photograph some and I think take a trip around a bunch of tiny islands.

About blue


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Nicaragua

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.