Existing Member?

travel cravings

an odd journey

INDIA | Thursday, 15 May 2014 | Views [400] | Scholarship Entry

Shiver and sweat were simultaneously happening to my body, without my conscience permission. Closing mine eyes, would only lead me to the same place and situation which finds me in chaos. I was 16 and so as my friend. For us a journey together, to whatever place was bliss. The distance didn't matter, because that time we hardly use to step out alone to travel; so coaching classes was a mode to enjoy mere travels.

Unfortunately, one day we decided to board a rickshaw (a three Tyre cycle) instead of our 2 & 4 wheeler. The journey just began, with a scorching heat, an open air Rickshaw and a thin, tanned man riding it. Adventurous it seemed. Our destination was hardly 4kms away. To reach the destination, one has to cross, few small roads, a 1km long road (rather a service lane), adjacent to the flyover on the right, and big posh bungalows on the left & then a bizarre railway crossing. The trauma yet lingers in the head, as soon as I step on that road.

That very day was an exam for the admission, in the Police Department. For some reasons, there was a delay. The delay enhanced exam givers creepy persona. Irony was they were the future police. Weirdly they displayed rage majorly through molestation.

Our rickshaw entered the 5 feet in width and a kilometer long road. Me and mine friend were chit-chatting, laughing as usual, until we realized, the entire service lane was over crowded with men around us. There was no escape route. We were in the midst of the hooligan type men. Our city Ghaziabad is famous for crime, but we will become the victims, was not expected. They practically raped us through words. Both of us were talking gibberish, just to prolong the confident, unscarred look. We were chasing towards our safety.
Yes! We reached the end of the road, without getting practically raped. Alas! The blankness on our face made us still as statue. Our pause of blankness was twisted and butchered, when two guys came near to our rickshaw. Frightened; we were almost on the threshold on peeing in pants. They said something, which was unexpected, “Leave this place soon.” “The saviors are born”, I have heard and witnessed it. Gathering all the senses, we took a left before the railway crossing.

Yes the ears couldn't believe it, the eyes couldn't witness it. The controlled emotions rolled out in abundance, when we were out of that trap, but the trauma prevailed, disturbing my existence, butchering my dreams & mere enthusiasm of enjoying small travels was murdered.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About blesstravo


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.