Existing Member?

Grove on tour- last man standing

A Byronian Birthday (week)

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 19 May 2007 | Views [816] | Comments [2]

A hazy week!

MASSIVE thanks to everyone for my Birthday emails and messages. It really means a lot to have had emails from so many people who I haven’t seen for a long time. Definitely put a big smile on my face.

The week kicked off with a house party which saw my debut fancy dress effort in this hemisphere (I went to the Letter ‘R” party as Roadkill, complete with black eye, bloody wounds and tyre track ‘tattoo’ up my back). I can safely say that Aussies would give us lot a good run for our fancy dress money!!! Since then its been a non stop party week!

I took the week off work as Ian came back to town for my birtday and Pippa, a friend from home was due to arrive. Both Ian and Pip turned out to be more popular than me with the guys I’m living with here and I’m fed up of hearing about what legends they are!

We went out for a dancing extravaganza at Cocomangas on the eve before my birthday, which ended with breaking into a hotel and skinny dipping in their pool. This was followed by an underwear swap (I got a pink spotty thong and am almost as grateful as you should be that there is no photographic evidence of my poolside prancing) and a massive hangover!

Fortunately the best hangover cure known to man is surfing so we went for a day of fun on the beach the next day (surfing and fishing). I must be getting old if fishing on the beach was one of the best birthdays I’ve had in a long time!!! Alas our supper was not to be fresh fish so pizza and a dvd rounded off an ace day!

The fishing thing has become somewhat of a craze amongst the gang here, spearheaded by Ian and Christouf. They have probably put a total of 72man hours into producing an impressive haul of one baby ray! Not exactly your alpha male hunter gatherers!!!

Tags: Party time

Comments

1

actually it was 2 baby rays and the second one was more of an adolescent ray, goddammit!

  ian May 19, 2007 1:22 PM

2

Ah Mr Warriner,

Hope everything's sweet over there my friend. Apologies for lack of contact but been stressing about my result for a while now. I'm sure you'll be pleased to hear I will now be a qualified bean counter come September. Anyway fella when you back in the country? Think we should be organising a home coming reunion or something. Sure we can come up with something suitable spectacular, and gay.

Much love,

Rind.

  Rindo Jun 6, 2007 1:16 AM

About bjw_uk


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.