Existing Member?

Somewhere Out There

Nerves

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 15 November 2010 | Views [389] | Comments [2]

I'm off to Bangkok tomorrow, and I'm more than a little nervous. It's the first country I'll be visiting where English is not the native language. I should be fine, as many people speak English and tourism is very big there, but the anticipation is getting to me. Add to that, I've been having such a wonderful time with Liz and Jim that I'm not very excited to leave and continue on. Yesterday we listened to some Jazz in the park and had a BBQ, and I heard some great music. They had a Jazz singer as well who was quite good. A few of us got up and danced, and when the Big Band music was playing I thought of my Grandma Shirley who used to be a top jitterbugger, it made me smile. On Saturday at the Cricket (as it's called), I had a great time. It's a 5 to 6 hour match, and I enjoyed all of it. The game moves along, there's enough action to keep you interested, and the fact that Liz grabbed a chilled bottle of wine didn't hurt. Seriously though, I had a great day, and Jim played really well so we had the opportunity to cheer loudly. It's been a great stay here in Australia, and as I don't know when I'll see them again, I'm sad to say good-bye. Hopefully my heart will be back into new adventures by the time my flight lands in Thailand. I've got some great things to see there, and I've already lined up a nice place to volunteer, the Metta Experiment. They have a website www.mettaexperiment.org and if you happen to look it up, you'll see some nice photos. Also, it vaugely reminds me of the Dharma Project, but without the nasty underside. All you Lost fans should get a kick out of it, at least I did.

Comments

1

Hey Bette! You're going to have an amazing time in BKK!!! Just don't let the cab drivers swindle you. The people are so nice and you'll get so many smiles. I love you!!!!

Kate

  Kate Nov 16, 2010 1:41 AM

2

OMG!!! Are you going to let them knock you out, take a submarine, and wake up in 1970 or what? I'm soooo JEALOUS! Have an amazing time!

  Talia Nov 16, 2010 4:31 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.