Existing Member?

Somewhere Out There

Traveling (wo)man.

NEW ZEALAND | Thursday, 21 October 2010 | Views [409]

Hi All. Well, I'm leaving Camp Hill, and I had a wonderful time. The universe did remind me about balance, however, as after I wrote my glowing account of my time in the mountains, we returned to a power outage thanks to a storm. So, in the rain, we unpacked the groceries, tried to find flashlights, and stumbled to bed. Thankfully, there were plenty of blankets and the power was back by morning, but it was a kick in the pants concerning the beauty of the modern age. Flip a switch, open a fridge, turn on a computer - these things should not be taken for granted. I'm off to Queenstown and then to Milford Sound tomorrow - the jewel of fjordland. To top it off, when I get back into town tomorrow night, Queenstown annual Jazzfest will be in full swing, with tons of live bands, performers and free shows. Spring is springing over here, and I'm making the most of it. OH - I also just finished "Three Cups of Tea" and have been dreaming of Pakistan. Don't worry, I'm not detouring over there right now, but I do reccomend the book.

 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.