Existing Member?

The Grand Adventure that is my life.....

Simon the Pieman Day

UNITED KINGDOM | Tuesday, 25 September 2012 | Views [236]

Coffee cake -- a coffee FLAVORED cake -- with fudge icing.

Wash day. We think we've figured out the washing machine. Thank goodness for the directions book.

Round robin input here: (Carolyn) Dorie and I had another nice walk this morning, to the top of the hill and looked out over Romney Marsh at the big fluffy clouds that then turned to big fluffy grey cloouds that drizzled and poured.

(Catch) Beth and I slept in while the active ones ran all over town, then got up in time to go to lunch at Simon the Pieman.

(Dorie) Rain showers here, but there've been heavy rains in the northern part of England that have moved down to Wales and have caused significant flooding.

(Carolyn) We did laundry once we (when all else failed) read the directions for the washing machine. (Note: there is only a washing machine, NO dryer. Everything has to be hung on a rack inside to dry. Which is difficult when it is cold and rainy outside. So there's a drying rack in the bathroom draped thoroughly with various clothing things. Anyway....)

Had lunch at Simon the Pieman. Place was chosen because of its enticing window filled with delectable goodies, which were first noticed by Mom and Dorie during today's aforementioned perambulation. Lunch today: Cornish pasties. Egg mayonnaise sandwich. Toasted cheese sandwich. Fruit cake (that was really more like a raisin bun.) And the aforementioned coffee cake -- coffee FLAVORED cake -- with fudge icing.

Back to the cottage after more shopping. (Well, I had to park the car somewhere and High Street was handy.)

Naps. Another bath (that would be me). Some telly-watching. Dinner in. And early to bed, because tomorrow will be early to rise.... Must catch the 10:15 Dover ferry to Calais!

 

About bethhhp


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.