Existing Member?

Heading West

Arches National Park Moab UT

USA | Monday, 26 July 2010 | Views [271]

We have packed our sweatshirts away and realized that the expression "only gringos and donkeys go out in the heat of the day" has tremendous merit. We started figuring out what to do about 9 am and realized we had already lost our morning window of opportunity to go to any parks-you know the ones made of rocks AKA enormous pizza ovens with us playing the role of the Supreme Pie?

We plan a sunset trip to Arches and do a brief tour of Moab during the day.

We get to Arches late afternoon and it is SMOKING HOT. We had a quart of water each and sucked that down in no time. But man was it worth it. I took over 200 pictures in 2-3 hours. Love that digital camera!

The kids have been amazing on this trip. They have had their normal periods of annoying one another but on the whole-awesome. Noah B has been the biggest trooper of all. He gets up in the morning ready to go and is excited about everything we do. Even Ethan and Rachel are humoring me by enjoying the beautiful scenery and not acting like jaded teenagers.

About beth2271

Good Hair!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.