Existing Member?

Heading West

4 wheeling in Colorado

USA | Saturday, 24 July 2010 | Views [393] | Comments [3]

packed and ready to go

packed and ready to go

My first love as a place to 4 wheel is Utah.  We have dear friends there and the trails are well groomed allowing seniors like us to get to some pretty spectacular places with out great personal risk.

Colorado in general, and Ouray, in particular also quicken my pulse a bit.  Colorado has a rugged beauty and an unforgiving terrain by which to view it.

The trails are defined as easy, moderate, difficult or the ever challenging, "technical".

Ethan and I spent a lot more time on 3 of our vehicle's 4 wheels than we liked but that is normal here.

I am not afraid to go anywhere, but after 5-6 hours of this pounding, at my age,I'm ready for a cold one and a nap.

The folks out here use their state's land in many ways: camping , hiking, biking, 4 wheeling and jst being outside. They have all the toys too.

We have attached some pictures of the trail rides we took over Tin Cup Pass and into the town of Tin Cup as well as a trip to Yankee Boy Basin traihead and then on up to Imogene Pass.

Like many things in life, pictures and words fall far short of describing the stunning beauty of it all.

Cowboy Dave

Comments

1

Your pics are mixed in with those from others on various trips around the world; can you guys put your trip images on these pages?
In any case, it's clear you are all having fun -- good on you.

  Bill Jul 25, 2010 9:28 AM

2

Bill,
Click on Photo Gallery Colorado 2010 on the right of the story and you'll only see our pixs

  Dave's admin assistant Jul 25, 2010 11:17 PM

3

Dave -- tried that last nite and it didn't work. It does now, however; I should have contacted Webmaster Dave (aka Cowboy Dave) first thing.
You're getting to be quite the multi-talented operator.

  Bill Jul 26, 2010 3:36 AM

About beth2271

Good Hair!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.