Existing Member?

Travels 2010 My travels for 2010

Miami

USA | Thursday, 5 August 2010 | Views [449]

I arrived the first night, met Rob and Sean at the airport and we headed over to the Polley Compound; it was Ruth's birthday and the first of a few parties. Considering Sean had just flown in from Hong Kong he was in good form and dragged everyone out until 3 or 4 am - for those who were out I have a feeling we might have broken a server that night, luckily there was a repairman with us... good job Bert.

Next day after getting up to the in-house alarm clock (WHAT YOU DOING, sleeping, WHY ?) I went for a swim before we headed out for another party; good fun although I got absolutely eaten alive by the Mosqueto's - I was bitten almost 30 times and they all went very red and stayed that way for almost 3 weeks.

Penultimate night went out in Miami to dinner, an Irish pub and the Mac's Club Deuce which was legendary; think we probably got in around 4/5 oclock in the morning. I didn't feel wonderful.... but was a great night and I did get a T-Shirt out of it.

Rob, who has a couple of guns, offered to take us to the gun range so that I could try shooting. My god, most of the people there I am not sure should be allowed to have guns at all (or even pointy sticks). I did a few good shots on my Zombie target but overall if there's a war you probably want me on the other side - especially considering I jammed Rob's gun twice; I have a horrible feeling the zombies would have got me by the time it was fixed.

Thanks Ruth, Tab and Jerome for the hospitality and Rob for picking us up and offering me a roof over my head when I pass through next.

About beno


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.