Existing Member?

out and about

day 8

VIETNAM | Saturday, 14 April 2007 | Views [416] | Comments [2]

Today we woke up to a nice big breakfast simliar what it is like at home which was something nice. This morning we traveled into a couple of the surrounding villages where the locals were friendly but always trying to sell things to everyone but most of the time people buy a item off them where the money goes back into the local village. The veiws were stunning looking over the valleys around Sapa with all the rice terracers which our local guide chin said were bulit 300 years ago.

The weather in Sapa ranged from clear and sunny to very misty and cloudly which feels strange compared to back home in Austraila. Most people bought rain coats before we left today as down in the valley the cloud makes you quite wet.

Keep tuned to this blog!!

Ben.

Tags: Adventures

Comments

1

Hey Stan, i don;t know if you got my email. I will get you to bring some dong home for me so i can use it when i get there. It is bizarre not having you around, heaps of food in the fridge and the car is always full of gas. Hope you are having a good time, talk soon.

  richard Apr 14, 2007 6:41 PM

2

Hope you guys are over your rail journey and flight and are settling into life in Saigon - plenty of markets here for you to buy all your relatives some nice presents! If Ben comes home without a bag for Emma his life won't be worth living. Hope the rest of the trip goes well.

  Mr. Mal Apr 15, 2007 3:58 PM

About benjake


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.