Existing Member?

ben n brady

French apls to Paris

FRANCE | Thursday, 8 February 2007 | Views [570]

Hi folks,

just a quick note here.. since last we spent a week in Avoriaz in the  portes du soliel mountains on the french/swiss border, was great you  could ski from one country to another and back again on a chirlift  haha!  We got about 25cm of snow on one day which was great for off  piste exploring conditions.. the other days though the conditions got  pretty icey and mogully in the afternoon so it paid to be on the  slopes early.. Had a fanastic week there with a bus load of ppl from  belguim so learnt a few words of french, drank lots, ate crepes for  dinner, went out for dinner for fondue and raclette... yummm cheeeese!  Avoriaz is a pedestrian only place which was neat, you could ski down  all the streets and horses with sleds carried ppl and luggage to their  accomodation!

Left there and after spending 15 hrs on bus (we wentvia belgium)  arrived in paris for 4 night.. no doubting the beauty of this city..  we spent most of our days walking all over the city, you see so much  more if you walk as you find streets and shops youd never see  otherwise.. had a picnic of french wine/baguettes/cheese/etc under the  eiffel tower, explored the louve, drank more wine, adn on the last  night i went on a night tour of the city which was beautiful and then  saw a show at the moulin rouge.. fantastic!!! then walked home even  though it was in the middle of the red light district.. i just bought   a nutella crepe so entertained myself with eating that as i walked cos  wasnt sure where to look hahaha, nah it wasn't that bad..

just had one nioght in brussels, wnet out for mussels for dinner and  lots of beer.. off to netherlands this morning!

love you all lots
seeya
Brady XX

Tags: Snow

About bendwyer


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.