Existing Member?

ben n brady

Update 5 ; Czech

CZECH REPUBLIC | Friday, 19 January 2007 | Views [405]

Prague;

we found a HI hostel and lucked into some huge rooms we had all to ourselves thanx to this 'low season'...

spent bout 5 days here, man we were wealthy with the aussie dollar here! beer cheaper than water, and the best beer ive tasted i think ;)  this dark beer, Kozel, was amazing! the Budvar beer, (original Budweiser) was my pick though.

But the city itself had soo much to offer!  by night the Charles Bridge lit up over magic canals, wicked grand architecture and the mamoth Prague castle overlooks it all like a pride of golden lions surrounding their prey.  

we visited the castle and took some cool fotos, but seriously its getting to the stage that we have to refuse anymore church/castle fotos...we must already have hundreds!

saw some Bohemian Blues at an underground blues club one night there in the city, it was great!  Stan The Man was very good on the guitar, and had beers with us between his sets! 

Prague was icey cold though, i think mostly due to the ultra high humidity.

and of course we had a cheerful Xmas in Prague, made some calls back to Oz, and had some nice meals/beverages to celebrate.

We got a train south, and had a night in Ceske Budejovice.  This town was very pretty, small tho. one night was ample, on our way to Austria.  Budejovice is the original home of the Budweiser beer (the REAL Bohemian one, not the sepo crap u see)

here we stayed in a small little room in a family run B n B that was quite nice.

then train to Austria for new years mania andf snowboarding again, at last!

Tags: Adrenaline

About bendwyer


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Czech Republic

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.