Existing Member?

Making Lemonade life gives you lemons make lemonade” Hello friends and family this cruising journal/blog is about my travels, the places I go and the friends I meet along the way.

June 18th Friday day 9

NETHERLANDS ANTILLES | Thursday, 1 July 2010 | Views [383]

Overslept and missed the sunset. Jim had a good night and maintained 5knts so we are making fair progress again. The air and sea temperatures are beginning to cool and the morning was gorgeous with breakfast on deck. How did you start your day? I can’t believe I am saying this but I am glad to be leaving the tropical temperatures and looking forward to cooler weather, Maine seafood and wearing clothes again. I know many people think I am mad for wanting to live on a boat and make long passages across oceans but I believe/wish everyone could experience it. The peaceful, calm, beautiful simplicity is wonderful. The freedom from the noise of living on shore is priceless. I can’t imagine anything more perfect. I don’t know where the time goes but just some of our activities today included; reading, counting Portuguese Men of War jelly fish as they passed (over 30), trying to photograph PMoW. Whale & Dolphin spotting, reading, napping, adjusting sails, showering and the usual meal preparation etc. all performed in beautiful sunshine in the great outdoors and ending with stargazing and being rocked to sleep by the sea.  How was your day?

 

 

Travel Answers about Netherlands Antilles

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.