Existing Member?

Making Lemonade life gives you lemons make lemonade” Hello friends and family this cruising journal/blog is about my travels, the places I go and the friends I meet along the way.

Tintamarre Island, St Martin

NETHERLANDS ANTILLES | Wednesday, 9 June 2010 | Views [610]

Maine.

 

June 9th

The sail to Tintamarre was slower than usual due to Belle’s very dirty bottom. Tintamarre is a small island with a sandy bay and reefs on both ends of the beach and is opposite Orient Bay St Martin. There is an excellent mooring field for 15 boats presumably laid out by the park rangers so no anchor, yeah! We had lunch and then snorkeled to the reef at the north end. Although the reef was not as plentiful as Tobago Cay we did see some very large parrot fish, wrasse, trunk fish, yellow tail tuna, star fish and lots of coral including fan coral. When back at the boat we cleaned Belle’s bottom, tough working in a strong current and attracted several turtles feeding around the boat. The night sky with no moon was packed with stars and almost every constellation visible. Magic!

Tags: beach, coral, coral reefs, fish, snorkeling, sunrise, sunsets, swimming, turtles

 

 

Travel Answers about Netherlands Antilles

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.