Existing Member?

Making Lemonade life gives you lemons make lemonade” Hello friends and family this cruising journal/blog is about my travels, the places I go and the friends I meet along the way.

Spanish Point Barbuda

ANTIGUA & BARBUDA | Tuesday, 20 April 2010 | Views [357]

April 20th – 26th

Barbuda is a low island over have the size of Antigua but has only 1600 people living on it. It was leased from England for the price of one fat sheep by the Codrington family. The island has beautiful long pink beaches with hardly anyone on them. The snorkeling was good but not as good as expected. There was plenty of fan coral, wrasse and starfish but little else. Anyone who has been to Tobago Cay would be disappointed. The town of Codrington had one decent shop with limited supplies we couldn’t find fresh fish anywhere. Our water taxi man told us the Japanese were investing in the island and building a whale/fish factory which was surprising as we had seen little evidence of healthy fish stocks. We met up with Nic & Michelle and guest Andrea from s/v Irony on Saturday and had a beach barbeque Saturday night. The mosquitoes co-operated and a good time was had by all thanks to the excellent bonfires built and maintained by Jim & Nic throughout the night. Another exiting event was mini belle’s maiden sail. 

 

 

Travel Answers about Antigua & Barbuda

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.