Existing Member?

Making Lemonade life gives you lemons make lemonade” Hello friends and family this cruising journal/blog is about my travels, the places I go and the friends I meet along the way.

Dominica

DOMINICA | Thursday, 8 April 2010 | Views [500]

April 8th- 11th  (lost my camera with pics from Bequia, St Vincent & Dominica)

After a difficult sail which took much longer than expected due to a troublesome low front we arrived late afternoon. We again were met by very helpful boat boys and enterprising businessmen including a chap on a kayak offering to collect our rubbish. We picked up mooring in Prince Rupert Bay which the guide book recommended as a good base for exploring. Dominica is a beautiful island and has it all with the exception of good beaches so tourism is not its main industry. We took a local bus to the main city to look for a chandlery and sightsee. We shared the town with 2000 cruise ship visitors but unlike them we like to explore the back streets so rarely crossed paths with them. We had a great afternoon apart me losing my camera the Dominica people were lovely and there was a lot to see and explore. We had lunch in a local kitchen and discovered Nigerian cinema. We decided we would bring Hannah back here on her visit so we would not explore ourselves until our return. Mistake!

April 11th

Deshaies Guadaloupe

This bay had been recommended to Jim by cruisers from Jolly Harbor as a safe haven and easy sail to/from Antigua. We anchored for the night did not check in and did not leave the boat. The coast looks just like Brittany and the town like Douadanaez

Tags: camera, cruise ships, island, tour

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Dominica

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.