Existing Member?

Ich packe meine Sachen und bin raus mein Kind... This is the hub of all knowledge...since it's hard to email all my super cool and incredibly exciting adventures to each and everyone of you every day, this will be it, the place where you can see what i'm doing and where i'm at :-)!

Exitement, Fear and Exhaustion..

USA | Thursday, 28 June 2007 | Views [1021] | Comments [17]

ok, it's 11:30 at night again and this is the first time today, that i have actually enough time to get on the computer for a long enough time to write an entry here...it is kind of surprising though, because we had a day off today. it was so hot today (acutally it still is) that we just couldn't do anything..so we started to have first aid lessons this morning but after like an hour or so we were allowed to stop and jump into the pool (there's nothing better!) so we all played in the pool and cooled of for some time, then we had lunch and then our lovely boss gave us the rest of the day (until dinner) off as well! so most of us went down in the basement (thanks to the air conditioning its nice cool down there) and took a nice nap. it gets really hot in the cabins as well and last night i woke up a few times sweating all over the place and unable to sleep, because it was so hot..so you don't really get a good nights sleep these days. so the nap in the cool basement was pretty amazing! then some of the others went to the pool again and i grabbed the lawn mower and took it on the golf cart over to the horse barn where i mowed the lawn for like an hour (the lawn is really high there so it wasnt the easiest thing to do) in the blazing heat which made me sweat like never before in my life...and michi - my whole back was completely wet i looked just like you after a nice conditioning practice :-)! by the way the lawn mower was teh heaviest thing in the world, so i actually got two very nice blisters on both my hands, just from pushing it around..well i finished right on time for dinner and after that we had the priveledge of continuing the first aid and CPR course that we started in the morning. just to give you a little taste of it - we started at like 6:30 and were done at 10:30 (yes without any break). our tight schedule just doesn't allow us to have one day off and then not make it up the same day...since i had mowed the lawn right before dinner and the first aid thing was right after dinner, i didn't have the chance to take a shower, so i had to do this incredibly boring thing while feeling absolutlely direty, sweaty and disgusting..but i got to take one now and i just got out (i've never been feeling better!)

well yesterday we had an open day, that was really exciting because we got to meet the parents and the kids that are coming to camp. it was really awesome because we all played together and altough it was really exhausting, we all had so incredibly much fun! oh, and earlier that day i met the horse lady, linda, she really is weird and very interesting but well see. and the horses are pretty nice, they're gonna come tomorrow if the weather is nice, i'm super excited for that!

oh, yeah and yesterday night,after the parents were gone we (of course) jumped imediately into the pool, because it has been really hot as well. but after that we all got a special treat. we have this amazing ropes course at camp, there's like a ton of cool stuff that you can climb and there is also a really long zipline, that goes downhill. well guess what! we got to go on the zipline and slide it down in the dark yesterday night! and yes. it's SO scary. this thing is on two trees and it's about 20 meters tall and really long and even faster! well the thing is, most of the guys had already been on there during the ropes course trainig, but since me and like three others got here so late, we hadn't done anything of the ropes course yet! so the first thing we ever did was the zipline in the complete dark! and i was so scared!! fist we had to climb up a tree and then stan on a platform where one other counsellor stood and hooked you onto the zipline. and this platform is freaking tiny! so anyway after some being scared to death, i managed to get up there and i actually did it! and it was such a blast!! sliding down trough the forest in complete darkness is really a unique experience!!

ok, those were my last adventures and there are soon to be more! i really have to take more pictures, i'm really dong bad at "capturing the moment" right now..the other problem that i have is that i can't get them on here, because i don't have the right cable and this really old PC doesn't have the right plug in..well i'll keep you updated and i want to hear some news as well! so please write me! i'm checking this every day (when i've time) and it brightens up my day to hear from you!!

good night (oh god, it's almost 12 now..)

~bekky

Tags: On the Road

Comments

1

Dear Bekky,
many thanks for your interesting report. Since you left the washing machine broke down but not the lawn mower. I missed you in the garden.I think your mowing job at home was a good exercise for your sweatful job at the camp.
Good girl! It is very brave to slide a rope in complete darkness not knowing where you are heading for.
Mari started to go on with football. Yesterday we drove to FÜrstenfeldbruck only to get the right shoes! And it was raining the whole time. Now it is colder about 16 degree celsius.
Last night Mari forgot to switch out the lights in your room. It was strange when I came down in the morning to see the room well-lighted.
I am looking forward to hear about more new and fascinating things to happen!

Lots of love
Mama

  Mama Jun 29, 2007 2:40 AM

2

Hey Baby! :)

I just got home and today was a typical I-want-Bekky-to-be-here-night. Simon, Jo, me, Sascha & Jul went to Muck. It was okay and I actually had fun because I haven't seen Jo in a while and we made derisive remarks about certain people (the girl that really likes to hook up with boys - yeah, I think you know who I'm talking about now :-D) but there was somebody missing though. Somebody that I can laugh with... Stop. I'm gonna send you an email now. Yeah, that's what I really wanna do because you should get some details about everything. One moment please, it will be in progress in like 2 minutes... :-)

Love you. <3

- Michi

  Michi Jun 29, 2007 8:46 AM

3

Hey! Sounds like so much fun! :) I can't wait to see you again and see all of your awesome pics!! I am so jealous of your summer right now! All I do is work and sometimes I sleep. : ) Well I can't wait to hear more...have a blast

love,
shay

  Shaylin Jun 29, 2007 10:49 AM

4

Hey! Sounds like so much fun! :) I can't wait to see you again and see all of your awesome pics!! I am so jealous of your summer right now! All I do is work and sometimes I sleep. : ) Well I can't wait to hear more...have a blast

love,
shay

  Shaylin Jun 29, 2007 10:49 AM

5

Dear Rebekka,

thanks for your exciting news. Did you have to undergo other kinds of survival trainings?
I`m looking forward to further stories from you.
When will the first children arrive?

lots of love

Papa how likes hot and sunny weather :)

  Dad Jul 2, 2007 1:29 AM

6

Bekkyyyy!!

Where are you?!?! We all are in Mallorca since Sunday and it´s fun.

Yeah, I´m wondering what you´re doing right now... This is the first time I really got the chance to go online. So I thought you would have emailed me for sure but there is no sign of life from you... This is kind of making me sad but you´re probably too busy to write entries / emails at the moment. Well, this is okay. No worries. :-)

Simon says hi and we miss you!

Hab dich lieb. <3

- Michi

  Simon & Michi Jul 4, 2007 4:39 AM

7

Liebe Rebekka,

wann gibt es neue Nachrichten von Dir. Wir haben Dein Abi-Zeugnis von der Schule abgeholt. Viele Grüsse von der Schule!!
Wie geht es mit den Kids?

Alles Gute

Papa, der seine Rebekka vermisst

  Papa Jul 6, 2007 2:35 AM

8

Hey Bekky,

what's up? It sounds like you are having a blast over there :) Certainly not the same thing over here in Nürnberg...
Anyways. Do you have a mail address? If you don't have a copy of the "abizeitung" yet, I would love to send you one!

So loong,
Locky :)

  Locky Jul 6, 2007 8:24 PM

9

natuerlich hab ich ne adresse! ich freu mich ueber jeden brief & packet wahnsinnig!! also die adresse ist: Rebekka Schlippe c/o Camp Spaulding
125 River Road
Penacook, NH 03303

  bekky Jul 7, 2007 6:33 AM

10

Liebe Bekky,

das scheint genau das richtie Camp für Dich Abenteuerin zu sein!!! Du hast ja das Glück, immer genau das zu finden, was zu Dir paßt - ich denke da an Deine Gastfamilie.
Wie wir es von Bastian kennen, ist wohl auch in Deinem Camp kaum Zeit zum "Luft holen" und totaler Einsatz gefragt. Aber für ein Energiebündel wie Dich ist das sicher kein Problem!
Ganz liebe Grüße,

Bini

  Sabine Schlipp-Weinberger Jul 7, 2007 9:25 PM

11

BEKKA!!!!

I miss you so much but it sounds like you are havin a blast! I am kinda jealous actually! All I do is work, sometimes work out (but i can't do that now cause I tore my ligaments in my ankle AGAIN)and thats pretty much what my life contains right now... oh and lots and lots of Shay and Carly time which I absolutely love! lol thats what keeps me going! I hope that everything is good... drink lots and lots of water so you don't get dehydrated! That would be bad! I can't wait to see you! It seems like its forever away but I know it will come fast once i get to school! I miss you so much!!! We have lots and lots and lots to talk about and I don't know when the next time you will call me is gonna be so I think I am gonna write you on facebook cause it simply can't wait! lol I love you lots and lots babe!

Love your bestest american friend!
Carly

  Carly Jul 8, 2007 9:44 AM

12

Bekky, did u receive the message I sent you on ur german cellphone the day before yesterday?

Came home from Ibiza yesterday and had an awesome 17h-nap :)

Ibiza was great, we've seen many parts of the island - the sunset at the famours "Cafe del mar", the Bora-Bora-Beach w/ hundrets of naked ladies and many other beautiful places... last but not least the clubs! Pacha Ibiza, the Space Club and the biggest club of the World - Privilege.

One day we had a scooter-tour through the island. Axel broke his arm but besides that, everything is alright!

Greets from Germany,
I hope it goes good so wide,
moe^^

  moe Jul 8, 2007 11:24 PM

13

Bekkylein!

I came home from Mallorca today and I MISS YOUUUU! I know you are busy but please send me a message or something because I really really really miss talking to you. :-( Simon has to hear that day and night... I'm not kidding you.

How much would I love to talk to you in person right now!? Oh, you don't even wanna know. Ugh.

Ich hab dich lieb, meine Kleine!

- Michi

  Michi Jul 9, 2007 3:44 AM

14

hey begge,
wat up? lang nix mehr gehört. auf pafnet schaust du auch nimma oder? so im stress? hast etwa zu viele amerikaner kennengelernt die dir jetz wichtiger sind? !) fleißig am flirten wie man dich kennt? :) wollen nicht zu viel schreiben, deine eltern lesen das ja alles..!) schmarn, begge is a ganz a brave!
hoffen dir geht's gut. wir arbeiten hier wie die blöden, also ich (mo), altan hat ja gekündigt..:) anyways, lass was hören. ansonsten a bientot! cya

  mo & altan Jul 12, 2007 11:23 PM

15

Hey Bekky,

Where are the updates?
Or is Jason keeping you busy??

Hope you are having fun,

-Kilian

  Sumpfman Jul 13, 2007 2:09 AM

16

Hey Anna...äh Bekky

hört sich ja gar nicht schlecht an, was du da so berichtest. Und dass dein letzter Eintrag auch schon ein Weilchen zurückliegt kann ja wohl nur gutes heißen.

Was hier zu berichten ist, lässt sich leicht zusammenfassen. Meine Zeit muss ich mit bügeln/waschen/kochen/putzen verbringen und dieses kleine Übel ist durchsetzt mit gelegentlichen Freibadbesuchen und eher regelmäßigen 'ach ja genau, wir könnens uns ja leisten'-abstürzen.
Außerdem war die Donnerstagscrew letzte Woche in Kroatien, könntest dir bei pafnet Bilder anschauen. War ein superfantastischer Urlaub und weils so schön war, fahre ich mit dem verreisen fort, flieg nach Paris und nach Holland.
Ja Bekky, du schneidige Supercosmopolitin färbst eben ab, ich hoffe auch auf dicke amerikansiche Kinder.

Tschüsschenküsschen
Anna

  mirl Jul 21, 2007 5:51 AM

17

good stories, keep them coming!

  bert Apr 16, 2008 2:46 PM

About bekky


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.