Existing Member?

Ich packe meine Sachen und bin raus mein Kind... This is the hub of all knowledge...since it's hard to email all my super cool and incredibly exciting adventures to each and everyone of you every day, this will be it, the place where you can see what i'm doing and where i'm at :-)!

The rainforest

SINGAPORE | Tuesday, 16 October 2007 | Views [490]

The next day we went to the far end of the city, we took a 45 minute MRT ride and then took the bus (first in the wrong direction) for another hour to a little place where they had bumboats that took you to the island of Pulu Ubin (i probably spelled that wrong) it was really great to get to the outskirts of the city because it was totally tourist free and we had some real original singapore. the island is mainly rainforest, what singapore looked like in the 1960s. we rented mountain bikes for 3 euros (i love this country) and rode around the island through the rain forest. it was amazing, we saw a ton of things and had the original rainforest sounds going on all around us! i took like a million pictures of rainforest :-)...we also saw two huge lizzards, that crossed the road right in front of us, they scared the shit out of us, becuase they were like one meter long!! our trail also took us through a swampland where our bikes got stuck and we had to get off and push them because the trail was too narrow to ride on it :-)! my legs were so muddy i really looked like i came straight from the rainforest :-)! we got back on the mainland and found this adorable food plaza that all the locals use ans had some good stuff there and we both did perfectly fine eating with chopsticks :-)! the place was amazing, it was bustling of people and so busy but at the same time you could really relax just watching all the people! i even had some sugarcane juice and it was really good! we went back to the hostel to take shwoers and get that mud off us and then we got dressed up a little and went out on the boat quay, thats a really nice area along the river where they have a ton of restaurants, bars, clubs and even an oktoberfest in the middle :-)! first we checked out the hedkandi bar, the coolest looking bar that i've ever been to! then we went to have some food we ate some satay and then we went to a bar that was called the clinic and really looked like a hospital, they had wheelchairs and hospital beds as chairs and served cocktails on drips :-) totally unique! then we went to a club and rocked to some 80s, indian music and dance music, the craziest mix i've ever heard but we had so much fun and met a couple people from england. then we had to take the cab home because the subway closes at 12a.m. and it was almost three :-)! the next day we went to the zoo but first we went to the city center to see orchard road which is a huge street that has only shopping centers along it. truly amazing. there's just mall after mall after mall. and every mall is like five stories tall! crazy! then we went on the long trip with the bus to go to the zoo. the zoo was amazing, it was truly the best zoo i've ever been to! they have the coolest animals there and it's surounded by rainforest, so it seems like you are in the rainforest seeing all these animals! i even pet a kangaroo :-)!! how cool is that?? after the zoo we went next door to the night safari were i had some ben&jerry's and then we went on the night safari that was a tram ride trough a huge forest full of the coolest anymals! and they're so close to the tram you can almost touch them! we also went on some short walks to see some leopards and then we watched the creatures of the nights show that was pretty cool and ended with a commercial for recycling :-)! well we went back to the hostel and met some more cool people that have arrived that day and sat outside with them some time chatted until i finally bet tonight a two in the morning :-). so now i just recently got up, alan left this morning, he's going to brisbane and i just got breakfast and will see what's going on now. i might head to one of the electronic shopping centers to get a new battery for my notebook, this one sucks! but yeah i'll see what every one else is doing :-)! oh and the irish guys just invited me to have some drinks with them tonight, gotta love those irish there's about ten of them :-) and they all have the coolelst accent in the world :-)! ok, i'm off! have a good one!

Tags: On the Road

About bekky


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Singapore

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.