Existing Member?

world travels

south

INDIA | Monday, 21 January 2008 | Views [459] | Comments [1]

For me, the north of Goa feels like another country compared with where we are in the south, however that could just be because we're staying on one of the most well-known beaches in Goa. to be fair, the beach really is beautiful and it's easy to see the attraction. however, because it's now the tourist season there isn't an inch of the beach that isn't taken up by a bar or restaurant, which all pretty much offer the same thing. there's a huge amount of tourists, not just travellers stopping off, but also families on holiday. compared with the north it feels very... temporary as obviously, people are just here for a short stay compared with anjuna where, i think, a lot of uh, party addicts found it hard to leave! it's interesting though, every conversation you here between people is about travelling, around india and the rest of the world. are next stop id hampi and from there, not sure yet, we may go somewhere else outside of goa and then up to delhi, we haven't decided.

one thing i dislike about india very much is that it seems to have the most uncomfortable beds i've ever felt in my whole life, which makes sleep difficult.

one thing i like, having breakfast on the beach, watching the dolphins in the distance :).

Tags: Relaxation

Comments

1

that sounds amazing!!! watching dolphins and eating your breakfast on the beach... if i could explain how bad the weather is here and the mood is just awful. apparently today was the most depressing day of the year! i want summer to come and we've got so loooong. aaah. why is sleeping bad the heat? is it really cheap? xxx

  clare Jan 22, 2008 8:53 AM

About beckyandsasha


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.