Existing Member?

Share with Me Mostly of mainland China and Hong Kong, but there are some other places too that I have been to.

Bomb Harvest and other FAQS

THAILAND | Thursday, 11 February 2010 | Views [618]

This morning I worked on the FAQs document. The questions include: before travelling, medical, financial, orientation, workload, climate and the environment.  Some of these questions might need extra information from the Lao and Cambodia offices if BABSEA are presenting a combined front.  The document is in its third draft and copied to Muan on an email.

Later, I helped Muan to read some of her emails and to reply to the gap year students.

In the afternoon, I prepared some homework for the Wildflowers lesson, which will involve the women making a 3d home out of paper cubes.  They will write on the cubes four windows, a front door and a roof and include words which balance out the words associated with domesticated violence eg: threats and coercion – would be written as support.  This is due for the next lesson for discussion and review.  I used 40 A4 sheets of paper for this task.

During lunch I shopped at the Hill Tribe shop on the main road and bought some handicrafts.

Later, I watched Bomb Harvest, which is a documentary film about how cluster bombs dominant the life of two communities some 40 years after the “Secret War”.

Reflecting on the Wildflowers email from Kristen, it would help her to plan the future lessons if she had further information on the legal status of the Burmese women.  For example, would they be given asylum status and permitted to stay and work?

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.