Existing Member?

European Adventure 2016 2 sisters backpacking 11 countries in 1 month!

The Red Light District

NETHERLANDS | Thursday, 11 August 2016 | Views [314]

After our lovely time in Belgium it was time to move onto Amsterdam. Because we just started using our Eurail passes we got a little mixed up with how everything worked we had to take a bit of a longer train but no matter we got there and found our way around pretty easily. We arrived pretty late so we couldn't do much other than order some pizza and sleep. Now we have been doing this travelling thing for a little while now and I think it's started to get to us a bit becaue when we wake up we are still extremely tired but no time for sleeping in. We had breakfast and ventured into the city. Was very excited to see quite a few things here what from movies and history based things. Saw the Anne Frank House and a ton of other places. Yes the Red Light District is like you imagine! We of course had to take a Canal Crusie because well Amsterdam is mainly canals and you get such a beautiful perspective from the water. The buildings and the people just fabulous. Wish I could have floated on the water longer but we only got the hour. After our boat tour we went to the Amsterdam Dunegons and honestly it was the greatest fun, and a little jumpy haha. All the actors were great and it was such a fun and interactive way to learn a little about the history of Amsterdam throughout the years. I would highly reccomend it to anyone visiting! Now while we were there it was our Dad's Birthday so in true Amsterdam fashion we had to find some brownies to enjoy as celebration of the occasion. No they weren't "special" brownies. If I had those I'd be on my ass without a help in the world. No thanks haha! Our final day consisted in wandering and waiting for our overnight train to Copenhagen. Amsterdam was fun and goregous!!

Tags: amsterdam, amsterdam dunegons, bcpckngbrtns, bcpckngbrtns2016, europe 2016, european adventure

About bcpckngbrtns


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Netherlands

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.