Existing Member?

We Love India

An Incredible Two Weeks

UNITED KINGDOM | Friday, 18 April 2008 | Views [499] | Comments [1]

Namaste everyone!  we hope all is fine and dandy where ever you are...

We have added some photos of our last two weeks.  India, the land of extremes, it's either hot or cold, easy or complicated, shanti or chaotic... we have seen it all this past couple of weeks. 

In Delhi we did a little shopping, dealt with heavy rains that mucked up the main market where we stay, pampered us in airconditioned coffee shops.  We had a couple of days in Rishikesh to take in some lovely waterfalls, yummy food and nice people.  The jeep ride to Uttarkashi was death defying and amazingly beautiful at the same time.  The town itself was aweful and busy but just 20 minutes away is a lovely little village, Netala... no place is open but we found a simple room and somebody to cook for us while we chill out before debbie's course. 

 We decided to take a holy trip to the source of the ganga... where shiva is said to have received the ganges in his dread locked hair.  The ride up to Dharali was easy if a little cold and wet.  We got fed and met 3 really nice men on a pilgrimage to the Gangotri temple.  They offered us a ride.  On the way we met a white sanyasi (a person who has given up on the material world and wanders the earth)... he was mad of course but also very entertaining.  He was wet and cold so we all piled into this little car and made our way to Gangotri.  The journey was so wonderful.  It's breath taking going so high, the mountains so incredible.  The town was simple and nothing was open but we found a room, met 3 other westerners, one being Emily who is also on my course.   It snowed the next day so we could not go any place.  We just froze a little bit but the guys at the hotel made us food.  We got a jeep taxi back down to sunny hot Netala... ready for debbie's big om adventure...

hari om

Comments

1

Hello from sunny Khim's, your e mails went astray methinks.
Heading this way?????????????

  derek May 11, 2008 5:01 PM

About bamboozle69


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.