Existing Member?

Away From Home Please Leave A Message A Journal, a page, a story, an update of my long summer vacation(s).

Ten Minute Update

USA | Friday, 31 July 2009 | Views [450]

While here I got an apartment and it is on Soi 11. The street has two    7-11's, they are the Starbucks of America, one on ever corner. I have a 24 hour supermarket. The street has the two trendiest clubs in the Bangkok area, "Q" Bar and Bed Club. An assortment of resturants and all the street food one can handle.

This brings up something I read at another blog and it has to do with the streets. I was at an outdoor makeshift late night resturant listen to music and singing. It was in an alley in the Japanese tourist section. As the night wore on we were asked to move to the tables on the street, this was to clear the area as it was time to change into a noodle resturant. This is what happens in Thailand, everyone has a place on the street, but it is not forever, as time moves on and the vendor cleans his/her area the next merchant shows up  and sells something completely different. It is the morning shift, swing shift and late-night shift at the factory. It is an ever evolving life on the streets. One of my favorite thing about hanging out here.

Time to go, it has been more then ten minutes and it's off to have a few happy-hour beers with friends

About baker

Angkor Wat

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.