Existing Member?

Away From Home Please Leave A Message A Journal, a page, a story, an update of my long summer vacation(s).

Hong Kong Days

HONG KONG | Monday, 25 August 2008 | Views [516]

The last 6 days have been very busy. Day One: Jon picked me up from the airport and had plans all ready for me. A trip to his house in Sai Kung and off to Deep Water Bay for a few drinks on Ty's Junk at sundown. It was Ty's birthday so dinner with 15 close friends. (his not mine) Day Two: Hit Sai Kung town with Jon and his baby, Kayla, for shopping and the playground. Drinks at HeBe for the sundowner with friends. A late night travel into town for a few round of drinks and back to the pad for a few more. The weather was great at 3 AM.

Typhoon Day Three: The previous day's shopping was in preperation for the coming typhoon. Cornas and mixers for the long day indoors, plus sand bags for the rain to come. Cabin fever quickly set in and Jon & I set off to Kevin's condo in Hong Kong. Mixed drinks were had by all and the TV was tuned to the Olympics. The evenings food was homecooked Thai. The second half of the storm was about to start and Jon decided it was time to drive home. A wet and rainy drive.

Sight Seeing Day 4 & 5: The weekend saw me and Jon, Meg & Kayla to Stanley Rd. and Lantau Island. The weather after the storm was fantastic for both days. Stanely road was for shopping, baby clothes and not much else, and beers at sundown. They evening found Jon and I at HeBe for drinks with James. Lantau Island was to see the largest outdoor Buddha in the world. We all took the cable cars over the island. A great day, but very long, we all hit the bed early.

Last Day: Packing and a final foot massage. See ya!

About baker

Angkor Wat

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Hong Kong

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.