Existing Member?

Ben and Ange - On the Road

Sky high on lines!

PERU | Wednesday, 16 July 2008 | Views [603] | Comments [2]

That´s right they were bloody good. Had us buzzing for the rest of the day. The Nazca lines that is people. They´re those ancient lines in the sand that can only be appreciated from the sky. Nazca is a smallish desert town that doesn´t have too much going for it, but then we did just come from Arequipa. A few nice streets with cafes and resturants but really what everyone is there for are the lines.

Finding ourselves a local tour agency we we´re taken to the airport to await our flight. And wait and wait and wait we did. Seems to be no particular order in which people wait but more alucky dip. At least it seemed that way. But after a couple of hours our time had come we we´re taken to our little itsy bitsy plane. It was only a four seater but a great little four seater it was. The perfect way to see the lines. Maybe our Israeli passenger who felt a little air sick didn´t think so, but oh well, we had fun.

So with a brief run down of what we were going to see, away we went. With such a little plane you could feel all the movements from the wind. Big smiles did Ange and i have, not so Israeli friend. The flight itself was only about 35 minutes long but you have a great view of about 12 or so of the massives drawings. The pilot lets you know where to look and then banks on one side and then the other doing tight turns to let us have the best possible look. Again not great for all involved but you couldn{t take the smiles off our faces all day.

Hopefully the pictures do it justice but certainly a highlight and an amazing little piece of the world.

 

Comments

1

Pictures still on the way, incidentally :-)

  bagen Jul 16, 2008 5:13 AM

2

Hi Guys

Your looking fit and tanned. Loved the condors, must have been exhilarating watching and hearing them. Regarding the Nazca lines, at least National Geographic coloured them in. The hands one is actually a skinny moose. Hope you are still in good health and having a great time. We're out of here in 3 weeks. Yahoo
Luv Sue and Dad

  Steve Jul 18, 2008 4:24 PM

About bagen

Rotto Self Portrait

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.