Existing Member?

Hyderabad : In Search Of New Experiences

The Scenic Wayanad

INDIA | Tuesday, 26 November 2013 | Views [9218]

Wayanad is a hill station hidden among the hills of the western ghats and situated 76 km away from the beautiful sea shores of Kozhikode, Kerala. It is a hilly, green region rich with plantations, forests and different flora and fauna. The serene beauty and the peaceful silence with only natures sound makes this place the perfect get away option. It is a green paradise which gives one a sense of purity.

So if you are looking for a place that could get you away from the monotonous city life then Wayanad is your holiday destination. You can truly experience the beauty of mother nature in its purest form.

Places To See

Banasura Sagar Dam

The Banasura sagar dam is India's largest and Asia's second largest dam. The dam is named after the great king Banasura. It is great for all  adventure lovers as one can trek, hike and have fun with water sports. Pedal boats and speed boats are available at minimal rates.

 

Edakkal Caves

The Edakkal caves are two natural prehistoric caves situated 1200 meters above sea level. The caves are known for their 5000 year old engravings believed to have been written by neolithic man.

 

Meenmutty Falls

 The Meenmutty falls is the second largest and most unspoiled waterfall in Kerala. It is a three tier water fall. Reaching the waterfall takes a lot of energy but the fall is worth it. One has to hike through the deciduous forest to reach the picturesque waterfall.

 

Chembra Peak

 The Chembra peak is the highest peak in Wayanad. Tourists are provided with guides and trekking equipment after paying a fixed charge. You have to obtain permission from the forest officials to visit the peak. A heart shaped lake is situated halfway to the peak.

 

 

Tags: adventure, caves, greenery, hill station, india, kerala, nature

About backpackers


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.