Existing Member?

180 Days in Asia

BOMBS and gunfire at Bangkok Airport SHUT it DOWN

THAILAND | Wednesday, 26 November 2008 | Views [557]

I am OK. I am at a hotel and safe. My return flight home...cancelled! I may be here for a while as the protestors have taken over the Int. airport. They have exchanged gunfire and many explosions have occurred at both airports injuring many. There is no end in sight. They say they will not move until the PM resigns. Many thousands of protestors say, THIS IS THE FINAL BATTLE. They will hold their ground. No one in or out by air. They have full control of the Airport including the flight center control tower. The Military says they will ask that all departing tourists be permitted to return home. They also are saying that Bangkok Thailand will be under a state of military emergency law quickly if this continues. 

Anything is possible. I may be able to get a boat to Hong Kong????? I am trying now. We will see.. There has to be a way outa here. If that does not work, I may have to go by bus to Cambodia or Vietnam and then fly to Hong Kong.... there are always options. 

OK, gotta get back to it... and I will if possible keep all of you informed asap.

About b_ray


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.