Existing Member?

180 Days in Asia

Bangkok Live at 5

THAILAND | Saturday, 31 May 2008 | Views [624]

...28 May, 08 I Arrived in Bangkok

Hello all! I am alive and well in Bangkok. The trip was to say the least a real hard voyage. I have recooperated now and spent two days seeing all the temples. I was riding on a tuk tuk (3 wheel scooter) and my driver was named Joe...go figure...Hey Joe where ya goin with that tuk tuk? I was completely lost but he wasn't. I a staying off of Khao sarn Rd and paying about $10 a day for room and meals. Humm still somewhat expensive for the area. Three meals a day and drinks...ok water, coffees. Well check out the pics and keep in touch with a comment on this site..I am now planning a trip soon to Cambodia,,,, stay tuned next week.

...Tuesday 3 June 08

I arose early with the sun.. I headed for the showers and then to breakfast..I was ready. I checked out of the Mini-House Guesthouse and walked to the corner with my back pack and guitar fighting off the taxi drivers...(no meter). Once on the corner I got a metered taxi to the main bus station and then got a ticket for Aranya-Prathet on the border of Cambodia. We arrived at 2pm (41/2 hours). I met this thai lady on the bus and we had a quick lunch together at the station and then caught a tuk tuk to a guest house (doh for me) she departed for the market. Whew I was tired and the heavy monsoon rains were headed for us within minutes. I grabbed a coffee and headed for my room. The rains passed after an hour or so and I headed for the I-net shop...wala. Tomorrow I go to the border and into Cambodia to see the Angor Temples at Seim Reep for about one week and then to Phnom Penh and I will probably be there for 1-2 weeks for obtaining many visas. Sooo I will write again from there. See yall soon......

With love from Asia

About b_ray


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.