Existing Member?

In the big wide world A day in a life of ben!

The Beach . . . .

MALAYSIA | Tuesday, 22 September 2009 | Views [633] | Comments [9]

I arrived on Small Island off Malaysia on Wednesday of last week, called Tioman. On the first day here I just lazyed around in a hammock reading hitchhikers guild to the galaxy & having a little swim in the sea. Let me tell you hammocks aren't as comfortable as they seem, as I found out the hard way & had many a scratch on my back. Now I know you should put a towel on it first. In the evening, after what I sure was a very nice dinner, I went down to the beach bar for a couple of beers for a night cap & ended up getting invited to join a large group of people who had also got here that day I believe. Next thing I know it’s turned into quite a few beers & mixers until there’s just a couple of people left. I was still by far on that night the most sober person. After that the happy hour became the normal SORT OF THING!!!

A couple of days in after we all got to know each other, we had a few drinks at Bruce's new place because one it was cheaper & two there it’s cheaper. It was a very long night, & after going all the way to the other side of the bar for the promise of the jungle bar being open, me, martin & Gary, played a very long card game of cheat by the beach, which we didn't seem to notice that it was now day time & people were walking around. Basically ended up with a very large bowl of noodles & an insanely big cup of coffee!

Anyways there is much more story’s to add to this, like the jungle trek, but it’s hot in here & I don’t feel too good. Sorry but I will try to update the story soon, or maybe others will do it for me, without being to rude.

Also the people I have been drinking with have been between the ages of 23-32. So it wasn't a load of silly young people drinking games.      

Just updating the story, now I’ve got free internet & not hanging out my tree.

We went on a jungle trek from one side of the island to the other. It was a 10km hike thought & meant to be a 2-3 hour trek, but we charged though it in 1:45 minutes, it was savagely hard climbing up to the top, I could have filled a bucket with sweat the amount that was pouring off of me. I didn’t see many animals which were a shame, but at least I did something worth wild, rather than just sitting around on the beach drinking.

I’m back in KL now, & planning my next place to discover in the name of Ben!

 

Comments

1

Sounds like you are starting to find your feet and getting into the traveller vibe. Pleased you have met some people and are starting your adventure for proper. You must be having a good time as you are not updaing your blog as much.

Continue having fun and look foward to those stories !!

Go Safely

Geggs xxx

  Geggs Sep 22, 2009 9:42 PM

2

Good stuff Ben,

  Tim Sep 22, 2009 10:00 PM

3

It sounds so cool, wish I was there.

Where are you staying, is it a hostel again? Look forward to the rest of your stories!!!

Love you
Mum
xxx

  mum Sep 23, 2009 1:43 AM

4

We miss you Ben

xoxoxoxoxoxo (apparently this means kiss, hug)

  Lottie, Toby and Tilly Sep 23, 2009 1:49 AM

5

Nice one dude sounds awesome

  Joel Sep 23, 2009 2:39 AM

6

Glad to hear that you are taking my advice and staying away from the local drinking water.
Stay lucky mate and keep enjoying yourself

  grandad Bob Sep 23, 2009 8:26 AM

7

We miss you Ben!!!

And remember a sound piece of travel advice:

You can't just wear clean clothes willy-nilly! SORT OF THING.

  Martin and Gary Sep 23, 2009 3:54 PM

8

hello mate,
it's 10.30 saturday morning & we keep thinking you're just about to arrive for work!!!
sounds like you're getting used to life out there.
stay safe, do you follow me!!!!

  sean, sarah, terry Sep 26, 2009 7:00 PM

9

well mr ben u have been a busy bee,

theres me had a couple of weeks in florida with mickey and the gang and ur off around the world on ur own, im such a child lol.

glad 2 c ur having fun and making friends we didnt like the thought of u on ur own.

Keep having fun and keep us posted

Holz xxx

  Hollie Sep 28, 2009 8:53 PM

About b_mc1989


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.