Existing Member?

Discovering the world one step at a time

Tabin Wildlife and Ladu atu

MALAYSIA | Sunday, 20 April 2014 | Views [224]

If there was any part of the trip that I was a bit disappointed with it was the day trip to Tabin Wildlife park. In lonely planet and on tripadvsior this is the part of Borneo that has virgin rainforest.

However, it is definetley aimed at tourist to stay in the Tabin Wildlife park which when we looked into was very expensive and out of our backpacker price tag. Instead we opted to stay in near by ladu atu in an B&B called Bike and Tours. Clive had found this place on trip advisor as it had come highly rated. The couple that run it were so welcoming as we had booked the whole place! (it only has two rooms!) This was were I had the best malaya food of the whole trip! Amazing food! I looked how we got to eat off a banana leaf and it was so beautifully presented! 

 

We had a day trip into the jungle. The guide didn;t want to do much walking so we ended up taking an opened top safari around. The guide also was unhelpful in pointing out that the anaimals weren't really around in the day and that the best times to see the elephants and even rhinos was at night. As we were day vsitors the rangers limited us to only being in the park between 10am and 2pm, so not much time. It was awesome to hear the sounds of the jungle and we also got a rare glimspe of Gibbons and of bucking deer. 

 

 

About azariah


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.