Existing Member?

Discovering the world one step at a time

Claire's Holiday! Visit to Sydney

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 1 February 2014 | Views [328]

One of my best friends from University who was at one point seriously considering coming with me to Australia. Instead she went to London and began working in recruitment. She took 3 weeks off work in order to visit her sister in Melbourne. Her sister Abbey is on an international university exchange at Melbourne University. 

She arrived in Sydney with her sister and her sisters housemate for a few days over new year. We got to do some tourist things toegther which was nice as me and Oliver have only been working.

We went to Manly beach and went surfing which was really nice. I'm not very good still but I hope tyo be much better by the time that I leave Australia and Sydney. The beaches in Sydney are a bit over hyped as both me and Oliver have seen much nicer beaches going up the east coast. However, they are really nice  for an urbanised area. 

We also went to Taronga Zoo which has the whole of Sydney in the background. Claire was very disappointed not to get to hold a Koala as it was too busy. 

The tallest buidling in Australia is the Westfield tower, and we went up to again admire the view of Sydney! I have to say Sydney is very pretty from a hieght. I wanted to climb the Sydney harbour bridge but its over $300 dollars which is very expensive.

 

It waa great to see Claire and I was very sad to see her leave but she had to return back to the UK as she is starting her LPC. 

About azariah


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.