Existing Member?

Discovering the world one step at a time

fraser island

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 23 October 2013 | Views [270]

Three of the most fun/ beautiful days of my life. Its so eady to imagine landing here and it being a paradise island.

Fraser is the worlds largest sand island in the world, yet a rainforest is able to grow on it. Its a geographical wonderland.

To get to the island you have to go over by ferry, you are not able to swim in the ocean surrounding the island as it is full of stingers, man eating bull sharks, and sting rays just for starters. 

I was in a group of 30 people on a 4w4 bus driven by jess our tour guide. I was a bit disappointed not to be in a 4w4 and be able to drive it, but oh well! I got very travel sick anyway!

On the first day we went to lake mckenzie which was white sands and a fresh water lake meant to help uour skin. This is where I met Oliver, some awesome canadian girls, some miserable english girls and lots of other cool people from the tour. 

We stayed in a lodge for the first night, where food was served.

On the second day we went to indian heads for the views, champagne pools and a trek through the rainforest.  

However,  we got upgraded me n oliver n jorik to the kingfisher resort which was a 4 star hotel as they had double booked the room!!  Was good overall but they had gone through all my luggage n personal items when they moved us.  Never been so embarrassed as my knickers were on top of the pile. 

Last day was spent on a 3km walk through the sand dunes to lake wabby. Picturesque!!

We also saw dolphins,  turtles and whales!

 

About azariah


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.