Existing Member?

The Road Well Travelled Around the world in 365 days: SE Asia - Europe - UK - USA

The Luxemburger

LUXEMBOURG | Friday, 7 August 2009 | Views [363]

The Doctor writes: The capital, Luxembourg city was our destination in Luxembourg and it was a like a big town. The city seemed to be  centred around a massive valley where the old town was and where our hostel was too.

They speak French in Luxembourg which gave me an opportunity to try out some of my really bad French.  Apart from the tourists its really quiet in the city centre which is a few streets just for pedestrians with a few squares added in.  

A funny thing we noticed when we were searching for postcards was that they really like their royals and the royals were in a lot of postcards in varying locations and poses which reminded me of family portrait photos you get at a shopping mall……tacky and funny at the same time.  

When we were in a souvenir shop I got in trouble for picking up an apple and putting it back down and got told off by a lady working there, then I heard another woman working there yelling at someone else eating in the shop. I think they need to work on their customer service skills.

(MJ: I was also approached by an English Jehovas Witness, trying to hand me magazines about abortion etc, while trying to ask me if I think God is relevant today, all this while I was trying to take photos. I was very tempted to tell him exactly what I thought of religion and people who are against abortion. Needless to say, we had some strange experiences in Luxembourg.)

About awjh


Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Luxembourg

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.