Existing Member?

Denise's Adventures in Wonderland

Leaving... piece by piece, moment by moment

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 16 July 2008 | Views [520] | Comments [1]

I haven't really had the courage to write my next journal entry till now.  I've been in Brisbane for two weeks now with fast internet and every reason to write down everything that has happened at Kroombit and the departing of it, but it was too fresh.  I think I have almost fully arrived here in Brisbane.  

I left so much behind at Kroombit Park.  Even saying it now chokes me up.  Just the name conjures up images and moments in my life that seized my entirety, the most wholly affecting experiences I've had.  I left a family, I left friends, I left horses, I left my self somewhere out in the supernatural and extraordinary bush I traversed, immersed, and absorbed into my being.  I had no idea.  It was chance that landed me there and it was fated that I loved it so dearly. I truly believe in some greater workings ind which I cannot explain but simply thank for having given all that they have.       

The Sandiland family took me in, loved me, cared for me, taught me, and appreciated me.  In such a short time I recieved a love and joy in life that some people look for their entire lives and never find.  And here I am with families spanning three continents now.  With love for my family strewn across the world held together by the strong faith that it is the most powerful things there is.  

Alan, the owner and "Best Boss in the Whole World" was a dad to me.  If I was sad, Alan knew and would come give me a hug without a word.  He was always there to hug me good night, and he knew what I needed before I did.  He was a a symbol of Kroombit.  His cool calm face and gentle nature; yet he was so unfearing, so rugged and tough.  When he laughed he laughed with his eyes.  When he was sad or stern his eyes were heavy, he wouldn't say much.  Come to think of it, he never spoke much, but he was always saying something profound with his actions and presence.  

All my friends; Jill, Selene, Deanne, Ashley, Alex, Tina, Ragnhild, Cate, Lee, Jen, Sacha, Mirthe, Johnathan, Wendy, Cassandra, David, and Rachel. Amazing people; Aussies, Brits, Canadians, Danes, Norweigians, New Zealanders, and East Coast Yanks.  I loved em all.  They were my crew.  We depended on eachother.  We always had eachothers back.  We had to, in a place like that, your friends and your family are all you have.  You have your tiffs and your ruffled feathers but you know that it will be fine, because things have a way of working themselves out.  

And the animals... how my heart held onto some of those animals.  There were horses who changed my life.  They changed my idea of what a horse and person can achieve together, and how one can find courage in the other in times of doubt.  How it is the 

Comments

1

I googled Kroombit Park to see if I could find any newer photos. I lived and worked there from 99-2000. good to see your stories of everyone. I knew them all before Jesse & Kayla! What an amazing time for me as well.

  Heather Brough Sep 23, 2009 2:58 PM

About awesomehossom


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.