Existing Member?

Where in the World is....Audra

realize

ITALY | Tuesday, 23 October 2007 | Views [594] | Comments [2]

On the train to Cecina (near Pisa) and I am close to tears.  I am not exactly sure why (there are a handful of reasons actually), yet none of the reasons are sad.  Overwhelmed maybe….thinking about how blessed I am, how grateful, how much I love and miss particular individuals….
I am listening to a song called “Realize” by Colbie Caillat (Dana…thanks for introducing her music to me…keep ‘em coming)…and for many reasons it speaks to me…I will share one of those reasons.  Although a little out of context (for this particular reason) She sings “take time to realize….take time to realize this all could pass you by….though I can’t spell it out for you…though it’s never gonna be that simple….if you just realized what I just realized….”  In one way this song seems to be reminding me to experience it all and be AWARE of what I am experiencing and creating both within me and around me.  It is often the important things, that are the least easy and least apparent that become the most impacting and “educational”.  With this thought I am led to another quote that seems to be something that we all need to keep in mind while moving through life: “Imagine yourself doing what you love and loving what you do, being happy from the inside out, experiencing your dreams wide awake, being creative, being unique, being you – changing things to the way you know they can be – living the life you always imagined…”  Although distant, I feel that the path I am on is actively leading me to what this message describes.  There are still many risks I must take, truths I must speak and insight I must find, yet I “realize” that, right now, I am purposely living my life with intention.  Are you?  For me it took leaving my comfort zone and everything that I thought defined me.  What will it take for you?  Although a little interactive, I challenge those of you who read this to state, in short or long descriptions, the life you’ve always imagined.  As I have told the kids and I often have to remind myself…”for if you can’t state where you want to be…how will you know when you get there?”

Tags: Philosophy of travel

Comments

1

Just re-read your last couple of statements where you are challenging us reading your blog....Dave and I have been talking a lot about this. When I get it figured out, I will share!

BTW, thanks for the shout out in this blog....xoxoxoxo

  daners Nov 6, 2007 11:52 PM

2

great thoughts. it is easy to get caught in the actions and activities of daily life that you forget why you are doing them.... I find that i need people around me to constantly remind me that I need to know why I am doing the things I do. Miss you. Update your blog soon. I don't always respond, but I always read.

  mandy Dec 13, 2007 4:54 PM

About audi_jo


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.