Existing Member?

Promises of Purple Passion

Promises of Purple Passion

USA | Monday, 1 July 2013 | Views [152]

Life as captured from the human eye, and an insect's perspective.  This passionflower bloomed in my backyard one afternoon a few weeks ago.  Sometimes we seem to miss the most beautiful moments only because we get distracted.  Life does that sometimes, but I was determined this wasn't going to be one of those days.  After searching for the perfect shot in city parks, backroads and countrysides only to find nothing, I almost gave up.  Never being a quitter that little voice inside said try again tomorrow.  I'm glad I listened to that little voice because on the next day, as  I trailed my way into the backyard I found this flower glowing amongst the bushes and shrubbery.  It's said that when you truly open yourself to nature it will return the favor.  This flower was a gift from nature and symbol of this.  I couldn't help from being frozen in my tracks, mesmerized at such a marvelous creation painted into a natural canvas.  Slowly I zoomed in to get as many shots as I could, which ended up being more than 100 or so with my Nikon D3000.  During the shots, the ladybug landed making it even more of a memorable and explosive moment.  I thought to myself, what would it look it to an insect?  Clearly they must be just as drawn to this beauty as I, right?  To me this is true creation, true life.  It is one that all nuances of life can appreciate.

About ashton


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.