Existing Member?

L&J Go Global We're not lost, we're on an adventure!

Sydney Town

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 28 April 2010 | Views [517]

And so our Journey began on the midnight horror. Who ever said Jetstar didn't provide in-flight entertainment got that wrong. From the crazy bag/cat lady with her wild and random outbursts, the incessant beeping of a senile, and possibly deaf, old man's watch every five minutes, to the fainting of a nearby passenger; we found it hard to peel our eyes away from all the action.

We arrived at our Sydney hotel at 7am and we were on no sleep! We pleaded with the concierge for an early check in but he took no pity on us. We were left to wander the streets and curb sides, grassy knolls and park benches began to look like very tempting places to rest our weary heads.

As we strolled aimlessly through the near deserted city, we noticed that the few people around, were all young girls. What were all these 12 to 15 year olds doing out so early? We followed the thickening pack of increasingly excited tweenies and found ourselves in the middle of Martin Place, outside the Channel Seven studios. And then it clicked: Justin Beiber is in town. These squeeling girls were rioting just to get a glimpse of their pre-pubesent dream boat. So of course we joined in.

Josh asked "Who is Justin Beiber?" One of the mothers chimed in to let us know he was a teen Youtube sensation and her daughter's latest obsession. Thanks stranger. The police were out in full force and the actual Riot Squad were there to control the thousands of crazed fans. When it was all over, girls around us weeped and gushed. Josh overheard one say, calmly and seriously, "I'm going to kill him and then kill myself, so that we can be together forever."

It seemed we had also caught the Beiber Fever. I had "Baby Baby Baby ooooohhhh!" in my head for the rest of the day.

After five hours we returned to our hotel, filthier and more tired than before. But we were just glad to have a shower and a bed and to be off Sydney's dangerous streets ruled by Beiber fans.


Say hi to our mums for us.

About ashbina


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.