Existing Member?

L&J Go Global We're not lost, we're on an adventure!

Vancouver Sunset Cruise

CANADA | Wednesday, 7 July 2010 | Views [764]

Josh here. I've hijacked Laurens blog..

Summer has at last arrived in Vancouver. I'm not sure what took it so long this year, it must have got lost in the mail.

With a glimpse of summer and a free Friday night, Lauren and myself were invited on a cruise with some friends here in Vancouver. Not really knowing what to expect we headed down to the Plaza of Nations Marina in Downtown Van where the boat was moored. Conveniently it was located next door to where Lauren earned her first income in months, The Edge Water Casino, but that's a whole other story.

The company running the cruise was Golden Eagle Charters, a smaller privately owned charter boat that if I recall correctly held up to 28 guests, which was good since you tend to lose the personal touch with those larger boats.

Golden Eagle IV was the boat we headed out on and the skippers name was Fly. You know when your skipper's name is Fly you are in for a good time.

We headed out of the docks and made our way past photo ops such as Granville Island(anyone who's been to Van will know this place), Stanley Park and the modern hippy stretch of beach, Kitsilano.

We had joined a sunset cruise which in Vancouver at this time of year means 8 till 11. The sun sets late in ole Van City. I can honestly say that seeing the city from the sea is something you HAVE to do if you come to Vancouver. There was even a few snow capped mountains bordering the city, it look like something out of a post card.

It was BYO and I am still shocked to find there an absence of pre-mixed whisky and cokes in Canada. After sampling more than enough local beer over the past few months I settled for premixed Jacks and Lemonade, which is a strange combination. Half bogan/redneck drink of choice, Half Orange Mocha Frappachino. It wasn't too bad, apart from the taste.


Drinks aside the cruise was great. Someone even brought along Tofu dogs. Yep, apparently normal hot dogs still have too much meat in them for some people. I tried one and it wasn't too bad, but its definitely no Japadog that's for sure.

It was a bit chilly so we finished the cruise off in the cabin, but the massive windows it still gave us plenty of eye candy for the rest of the night. As the sun set in to the horizon and we continued the cruise in to the night, the city lit up like fireworks. If only I had a good enough camera to take some snaps.

Despite being a little bit windy o the way out, Golden Eagle IV cruised gracefully back toward harbour in the now near perfect conditions. If your ever in town check our the guys at www.goldeneaglecharters.ca

It was a great night had by all aboard and now it was time to head to the Casino. But don't worry, Lauren's got a system.



Tags: charters, cruise, eagle, golden, night, vancouver

About ashbina


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.