Existing Member?

Matt & Ash in the Americas

OUR FIRST FEW SLEEP-DEPRIVED DAYS

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 18 September 2009 | Views [564] | Comments [5]

Hey all!

Have finally sort of recovered from the drawn-out process of getting here! In Brisbane airport we were told that (despite us confirming earlier that week) Matt´s ticket had been cancelled by STA Travel in July. Thank god for QANTAS who, after 20 nervous minutes, told us that as it wasn´t our fault we could both get on the plane anyway.

Arrived in LA after 13 hours (thanks for the neck pillow mum!) and spent the day walking around Santa Monica and LA. Unbelievably you can catch a bus from LAX to Santa Monica for 75c - in your face, brisbane air train.

Hadn´t really slept for more than 24 hours when we boarded our next flight to Atlanta and by the time we arrived in Cancun it was more like 40 hours. Of course, we got hopelessly lost trying to find the hostel and after walking for more than an hour, Matt realised that all the people who told him he didn´t need a million changes of clothes were correct and he´s unloaded a bunch of stuff in the hostel kitchen with a sign saying "gratis ropa! mi equipaje es pasada ;(" (our attempted Spanish for ´free clothes, my bag is too heavy!´). I also shed a tear as I parted with my beloved neck pillow...

Anyway we´ve had an 18 hour sleep, washed out our sweaty clothes and are ready to actually start our trip! Leaving Cancun for the white sandy backpacker haven of Tulum in half an hour.

Hasta Luego amigos!!!!!!

Ash and Matt xoxoxo

 

Comments

1

Hi Ash and Mattski, glad to read all about your adventure travels and that you got there safely !! Looking forward to keeping up to date with these feeds too (nice one !)

  Jess Sep 18, 2009 8:32 AM

2

Hi guys, glad to hear after all the stuff ups that you are there and experienceing all that mexico has to offer! Can't wait to hear more

  Tina Sep 18, 2009 8:54 PM

3

Really lovely to read about your adventure so far. Look forward to the next update. Everyone well here, Josh back in Newcastle, Becky back at school, Chris and I at work!!! Aren't you glad you're young and enjoying life!!
Take care of each other. xx

  Chris, Rachel, Josh and Becky Sep 23, 2009 7:20 AM

4

Hey guys, sounds like you had an interesting start to your trip. Glad you are starting to relax and enjoy, have fun be safe, looking forward to the updates.

  Sandy McDonnell Sep 25, 2009 8:52 AM

5

Just worked out how to use this blog page!!!!

Its great to read all about your travels. Take care of each other xxxxxx

  mum and mike Sep 27, 2009 11:11 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.