Existing Member?

Europe

A new week 10/11/10

IRELAND | Thursday, 14 October 2010 | Views [430]

A NEW week….Monday October 11,2010

I had an amazing day! It started early of course, but I didn’t have to scoop poop! Ms. Maggie let me sit inside and sow all day because of my cramps. Yesterday I felt awful in the late afternoon, and she understands…so she let me be lazy and sit inside! SWEET! I think she favors me a bit, in conversation and company. On top of that, I sowed a horse blanket back together, I’m quite proud of myself. Now the sowing isn’t perfect, but I only got agitated once. I practiced patients and completed a task in one day. I literally sowed from about 9 am- 5 pm, which the exception of making lunch for the others and enjoying my lunch! Get this…for lunch we had CRABLEGS! Yes, fresh caught crab legs right out of the Atlantic! Pete, Maggie’s fisherman friend, brought them to us. He is a retired fisherman and just stopped by with a bushel. I don’t know if that’s the right word, but it was a bushel! Ohh they were mouthwateringly delicious, or Kostlech( in German that is, the ch is like ch..or more like you scratching your throat ). I was going to try some without melted butter first, and boy am I glad I did! I can’t emphasize enough how perfect they were or how much that made my day that I had them for Lunch, all you can eat style!

The sun was finally out today! The difference the sun makes in everyone. It’s like we light up and feel just as productive as the sun. It was hot, well sitting in the sunroom like Kitchen I layered down to my t-shirt. In the afternoon we took a trip up to the top of the hill to take pictures. You could see for miles! Green on one side, green on the other merging into the ocean! Gorgeous!

I finally showered again because it was warm. I honestly try to wait until it’s the warmest throughout the day because I like to enjoy all of my bath, getting in and getting out! Speaking of bath, you are going to be jealous! On Thursday, she is going to let Julia and I go into town early that morning for the day to shop, hangout, explore! Late in the afternoon she is going to meet us at the SPA for a seaweed bath! SICK! You know this is right up my ally! So your probably thinking, great you get a seaweed bath, well let me tell you….not just any seaweed bath, but an IRELAND seaweed bath. All of that means that the seaweed is fresh out of the ocean and it’s wonderful for your skin and body! It’s a detox, conditioner for your hair, just all around perfect for you(well me). And this is what puts the icing on the cake, it’s only 25 Euro for an hour that includes a steamed shower before and after. I can’t wait to feel perfect for a minute!

For dinner we had more crab legs, well I did, but I made them all more pasta! Geez the kids could eat it everyday, and all I think about it blowing up like a balloon! On top of that, it’s not always my favorite! Anyhow, we all had a sweet tooth following dinner so at the moment we are waiting on the apple cake to be done baking. I know that’s not good for my figure either, but we all know how I like to eat, and eat good!

I would like to explain the “we”. “We” would include myself, Maggie, Julia, and Ramon. I’ll start with Ramon. He is from Italy, and his parents brought him up here to meet Maggie and the farm yesterday. They are an adorable little family. Ramon is 18, and he came to Maggie to learn better English and learn to ride better because he loves horses. When Ramon was a child, he had cancer in the brain. They got it all out, but he had to learn to walk again, speak, the whole 9 yards. Horses were a main part of helping him recover and relearn all of this again, so that is where his passion and love for them came. There are some questionable things dealing with his true experience, which we(the girls) actually just got done pondering over with our apple cake(which was yummy, and my tummy is now sweet as honey)J It’s kind of sad, but when I say that I should actually say that it just reminds me of how fortunate I am. He’s a real nice guy, and I am going to try to be better with him, make the extra effort. Tomorrow we will find out how things go. Ms. Maggie actually use to work with special needs kids as a teacher, so she feels that she can see a lot through him. I am in favor of him, but his parents might have left out some big details of his experience that should have been expressed for his safety! I will keep him in my prayers.

On to the next one, Julia. Julia is this tall sweet German girl, about 20 I think. Short bob, all natural and loves nutella! I mean LOVES IT! Her English is good, and when she can’t think of a word she goes straight for the dictionary and tells you to wait. She cracks me up! Like the other day she was real worn out emotionally from the previous place she came and then to here and missing her family. I tried to make her feel better, and about 5 minutes later she made the joke of “ I’ll eat my last Snickers now to make me feel better.” Ohh I busted out laughing. That’s one thing I love about foreigners or international people, we get each others humor and it’s always just real simple humor. Another think about Julia is she has a huge sweet tooth and pours gallons of salt on things. She is a real good rider though, and she is going to help me tomorrow with my English riding, Dressage. Before Julia came here she was at this other farm or business that does real dirty work. I think I might of mentioned this before, but in summary she didn’t stand up for herself and got walked all over. She was torn down to pieces when she arrived. Her confidence of her riding skills were low and her ability to speak up. But she’s not like that now.J

And there is Maggie. Maggie and I really do have a good time. I don’t’ always agree with her, and sometimes thinks she has a lot of ideas in her head that she makes up…but the more we chat, the better I understand. She’s no fool, and a feisty one at that. Picture a short, petite woman, a little heavier on top, narrow waist, long red hair, and rosy cheeks. An Irish woman. You should see her with her big ole’ horses! It’s a sight. She’s blunt about things, but loves to get a good laugh. I had her going tonight, she was in tears! But yes, I enjoy her a lot more when she’s not giving me outrageous task to be done. And that sums up the “We” I keep referring to, of course sometimes meaning Angus(dog), Connie and Destino also.

I’m going to conclude tonight with a topic that has been heavy on my heart lately. Yesterday, because I started flowing, I was super sensitive, but there were a couple of things that were real apparent to me. This journey of mine has no specific findings other than to actually take the time to understand. Understand many things, whether it be concerning myself or the world around me. Understand. A big one yesterday was dealing with my faith and prayer, how insincere some things had become like prayer. It was more ritual than processed. I don’t choose to get in too deep with these topics because they are very personal, but let’s say me and God had a good chat about things and I could feel him working today, and even last night. Prayer. I think it’s real important that we all know how to pray, and what it’s main purpose is for. I tried something new last night, and that was to write it out. Sometimes words and thoughts form better when I have to write them, and they did. So now I must return to my book which is a ritual and then proceed to give thanks to the Lord for all that I have.

Goodnight!

Maggie.

P.S..gotta get some bug spray..I have scabs from itching.

About aroundtheworldigo


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Ireland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.