Existing Member?

From Where You'd Rather Be

January 2011-Porto, Portugal

PORTUGAL | Sunday, 16 January 2011 | Views [996]

Porto, Portugal

M and I went to Portugal for the weekend, flying out of London on the Saturday morning and staying one night, before flying back on the Sunday. It was amazing to be able to travel to another country just for the weekend and great to explore another city. However, I found that Porto was quite dissapointing, although of course i enjoyed taking in new sights and experiencing another culture-and of course the company was the best bit!

I am unsure of the financial situation of Porto but found that it felt more like we were in a third world country than the beautiful Portugal i had envisioned. The city seemed run-down and slightly dirty, as well as displaying many closed shopfronts and little choice in things to do. We made the most of it though and took in the sights on a river cruise which went underneath the many bridges Porto is infamous for.

The weather was nice too which made things better and drinking Port in Porto is a must! Our hotel room was very nice too and included two bathrooms which was a novelty. The TV had only a few English speaking channels and we watched a documentary on sightseeing in Australia which made us feel even further from home!

About arm


Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Portugal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.