Existing Member?

From Where You'd Rather Be

August/September 2010- St. Tropez, France

FRANCE | Saturday, 4 September 2010 | Views [1167]

St. Tropez, France

A year ago I had never been to France and I was now lucky enough to be treated to two trips in two months. Perfect timing too- because i was starting to have croissant withdrawals!!! My London family took me on their Summer family holiday where we stayed in a beautiful and impressive private villa just outside St. Tropez, France. We stayed there with O and A's grandparents, Aunt K, Uncle B and cousin G. It was a real treat to spend time with the whole family and they were all very warm towards me and although at times I had my hands full it was a great experience. It was also interesting to see a different side to France because in comparison to my stay in Provence we were able to explore the sparkling coastline filled with small sandy beaches, boats, yachts, cruise liners, as well as a very impressive market and lovely boutiques in the main port.

The villa was divine and the grounds were expansive, including a large pool, outdoor eating area and boules court. The heat was fantastic and lasted late into the afternoons-warmer than Provence, but I still was able to be out in the sunshine with only SPF6 and not get burnt-unusual for an Aussie used to getting burnt even with SPF30. The humidity made it refreshing to watch the animated film "Ratatouille" at the end of an exhausting day jumping, skipping, running, playing, making outdoor fortresses and eating fresh baked goods from the Boulangerie. On our final evening in the house we had a dinner party with some family friend's in the area, enjoying a feast of heavenly local foods and wines. This really was a glimpse of the lifestyle of the rich and famous...and I couldn't be more appreciative to the S family for sharing such a memory with me!

About arm


Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.