Existing Member?

Round the World in about 200 Days

mexican madenss

MEXICO | Saturday, 26 April 2008 | Views [890] | Comments [1]

Well Puerto Vallarta was the blast we expected and maybe even a little bit more! With a group of about 60 coming from all corners of the world for this celebration I am not sure the hotel was quite prepared for us. As happy as security was to see us go, the bartenders tip jars certainly shed a tear. Throughout the week there was much eating, drinking and merriment. We took a boat trip to Yulapa, went out on the town, did some jet skiing and lots and lots of lying around. There was also pool hopping, naked hot tubbing and dirty dare jenga, along with a few raucous rounds of uno. The hats and moustaches theme was a big hit, though if I say so myself I am pretty sure Dennis and I stole the show on that one. J Kim and Brady looked like the perfect Mexican princess and dangerous cowboy duo in their amazing outfits for the wedding day, all in all amazing time. LOVE YOU BOTH and CONGRATULATIONS!! Xxx

After Puerto Vallarta Dennis and I headed for Guadalajara to meet up with Gretchen and Jesse. It is creeping up on summer here and the hot dry high altitude is slowly melting us I think. We are here for a few more days then hitting Mexico City for some arts education before beelining for the coast, in this kind of heat there is no other place to be.

Guadalajara has been really great though. The old city center looks like is was dropped in Mexico out of somewhere in Europe, amazing cathedrals and plaza squares. This is where the famous Mariachi bands began and we have seen a few of those around, great stuff, those tight little suits with sparkles and bows and about 50 guys on stage all singing and dancing and playing instruments. You also see many of the Mariachi duos around town playing for money which is cool as well, we ended up in a tiny gay dive bar and witnessed the best dancing to a Mariachi band I think I will ever see, good stuff.

We also managed to get Jes to a Cuban salsa bar for his birthday after some crazy birthday shots, first they come up behind him and stomp and blow whistles and tie him down and blindfold him and them pour booze in his mouth, all before shaking his head around and then dumping his chair on the floor, and I paid them to do this to my friend?!

Though the best part of Guadalajara may have been just outside of town in TEQUILLA! Tequilla factories, tequila tours, tequila tastings, YAY!

Markets and museums and sore feet from walking, sweating and rashes and funny tummies, 1 million pictures and tan lines and dirty dirty clothes, cockroaches and fish tacos and really craving salads, trying to communicate, $2 sandals falling apart, and a broken hard drive that contains our lives…. It is nice to be back in the real world of travel, 4 months and counting.  

Comments

1

i HOPE YOU BOTH REALIZE HOW INCREDIBLE LUCKY YOU ARE TO LEARN SO MUCH CULTURE AND HAVE A GREAT TIME WHILE DOING IT!!! I KNOW I MISS YOU AND CAN'T WAIT FOR YOU AND DENNIS TO GET HERE!
LOTS OF LOVE AND KISSES
KEEP ENJOYING THE TRIP OF A LIFETIME!

  MOM May 9, 2008 1:38 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.