Existing Member?

April in the World

An Extraordinary Road Trip

USA | Wednesday, 17 September 2014 | Views [666] | Comments [3] | Scholarship Entry

Choosing us means empowering us to create better, more impacting films to inspire people. Our openness, endless curiosity and willingness to get dirty, wander off the beaten path, tangle with culture and engage with locals, no matter the language, makes us perfect candidates. We are passionate about learning and sharing the reality, diversity and beauty of the people, places, and cultures we encounter.

Other than a couple of film based classes April took in high school (a long, long time ago), we are completely self taught. We began making little video clips in 2013 for an inspiration blog based on New Years resolutions and accountability.
On our new travel blog we turned our attention and energy to films when we discovered what a fantastic team we make. We are both comfortable in front of the camera and behind the scenes, though we each have our preferences of course.

More than anything, winning would provide the learning experience of a lifetime. It's the type of education that we cannot afford to finance. We are highly motivated to present grounded, emotional, and relatable experiences. Winning could help us acquire the knowledge and tools we desperately crave. Beyond that, we are hopeful to start making connections and gain relevant feedback. No matter what, we really want to hear your thoughts and any advice would make us winners. A mentor to lead us into making our creative ventures come to life on the small screen is winning to us.

Tags: 2014 Travel Film Scholarship to Mexico

Comments

1

Wow... That looks like a great experience! Someday, I will partake on a similar journey across the states!

  barryfahy Sep 17, 2014 7:26 AM

2

Excellent work! Best of luck to you both.

  Sean Sep 21, 2014 11:48 PM

3

nicely done! looks like a great trip

  colemanlowndes Sep 22, 2014 8:30 AM

About apriljoy


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.