Existing Member?

Travel-Life-Experience

A flight, rain, a peak and back

HONG KONG | Friday, 16 July 2010 | Views [660]

I have not eaten anything substantial. Ask me why and - depending on who you are - I will answer somethong like: "Didn't see anything vegetarian" (its true!)", "didn't feel like it" (that could be true, too. Its hot and my sigestion is messed up, if you know what I mean). the truth though is that I tried, and went into this nice little restaurant, longing for some hot soup, or anything exotic with salt (have I entioned its hot and humid?). Very friendly lady. I ask what is good, and she points to four numbers. I pick "19". That might have been a mistake, the next thing I  knew was I was eating what I would describe as milk pidding with ginger. Good, but really sweet and not what I had craved for...might try again tonight, even though by now I went to the supermarket and got some sushi..always an option:)

My day started early, I couldn\t sleep after 5.30, but pretty good for the first night, I think. Went to the park at eight and checkes YES! it is true - last night I was surprised to see so many people here on the street so late. This morning there was no-one, except for the occasional tourist or cleaning crew. In the part, however it was like a fitness party! Everyone doing tai chi, jogging, walking, stretching. With sword, with chinese fan...really! Or, some just came to hang out with their children and take it easy for a bit. I sat and looked and absorbed all the different voices and sounds. Locusts, birds, chinese voices. It seemed like the locusts were using the humming of the city as a bass for their melody.

after breakfast, I walked to the travel agency, though parts of the city, wide-eyed. I got a ticket to Xiamen! yay! so, my friends, tomorrow I am off to Xiamen. until the 20th. I am doing a whole bunch of travelling to and from the airport, but it can't be avioded...

Will let the others write something now! bye for today. (limited to 15 min)

PS. when I have more time I will have to figure out how this picture thing works!! this is hard!

Tags: first day, hong kong, tai chi

 

 

Travel Answers about Hong Kong

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.