Existing Member?

Noops Moves

Melaine and Kelly

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 22 August 2009 | Views [537]

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

About 10ish in the morning we had a knock on our door and so we met Mel and Kelly for the first time and it was as if we just clicked with just switch of a button. I knew  straightaway  we are going to be a great group and the next 2 weeks are going to be the best. I have spoken to Mel over the phone last year when we were in India at same time,but we couldn’t catch up  cause of  time constraints.

For anyone giving reasons as towhy they are not doing things they want to (especially the work reason),take a look at these girls both are successful cooperate lawyers and its amazing to see them things they want to.

So all 4 of us visited Moshi just to laze around and check out  the town. We got harrased by the locals to buy stuff and some of them wanted us to come have a look at their shops,bear in mind not buy but just look so later they can force you to buy J.

Here is one conversation I had with a young guy.hmmm lets call him Mr.young!

Mr.Young: Jambo

Me: hello

Young: were are you from? are you from Canada? People from canada are very good

 Me: No I live in Australia.

Young: Oh land of kangaroo’s. Australia is a nice place too. But I don’t like Germans

Me: (Laughs) I don’t think German’s are bad.

Young: you should come have a look in my shop. I have paintings and lot of good stuff.

Me: No thanks we are just looking around.

Young: just look don’t have to buy

Me: No thanks maybe another time

(so he shows me few beaded bracelets he has)

Young: buy one of these because only if you buy this I can buy a book and if I don’t have a book I cant go to school tomorrow.

Me: No thanks

Young: why you don’t want me to study? Why don’t you buy one and I can go to school tomorrow.

Me: I want you to study but I don’t want to buy anything.

Young: Are you from Germany too? I think you are German!

And this is when Mel saved me. Thank you so much Mel J.

After this I was stressed out as you can imagine so what do we do???

We had out first KILIMANJARO BEER!!!!!

As we were sitting around having a beer a guy showed us a T-shirt with the BIG 5 on it. Wondering what the BIG 5 are? Kilimanjaro,Serengeti,Tusker,Safari and Konyagi. The first 4 are the famous local beers and Konyagi is another alcholic drink which surely is not my favorite.

So Mel,Kelly and I bought a Big 5 T-Shirt each and for the rest of the night we went through the list and had few rounds of each by the end of the night except Konyagi. We had a shot of Konyagi and didn’t like the taste at all. Maybe it needs to be mixed with some sweet flavored soft drink. I don’t know Im not going to try it again. I had decided to stick with only beer while im in Africa. It’s my safety plan after my drink was spiked about 2 months ago J.

Well  as usual plans change. The when they told us the bar was going to close soon at the Springlands hotel,Kelly decided to buy a bottle of VODKA. They told her the price and Tanzanian Shillings and poor kells had just finished conquering the BIG 5 so she miscalculated the conversion. Cant blame her,imagine you been drinking and relaxing and all of a sudden you have to do Math in your head? Oh well the simple mistake was she thought its about USD 16 but it turned out to be USD 68 for a bottle of VODKA. But the good part is we didn’t know it until we checked out. Remember we only sign our name and room number to use or buy and service in the hotel.

I was really sick in the morning but here I was getting smashed on local beers. Hmmm im theory of counterattacking the virus..haha maybe it might work. Maybe the virus will get totally drunk and die. Well what can I say the day started with me being a non smoker and here I was finishing off a ciggi Mel had given me to hold.

Im not sure what time I got to bed but it was an awesome first day with the girls and they are great. Lots and lots of fun.

The only sane person in our group that night was Christine. She doesn’t drink and a I think when the smoking got overboard she left to her room for the night J.

 

Melaine and Kelly friends for life!!!!!

Tags: friends

About anoop


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.