Existing Member?

Noops Moves

Mufasa Backpackers,Benoni,South Africa

SOUTH AFRICA | Thursday, 20 August 2009 | Views [644] | Comments [4]

Landed in South Africa 4PM yesterday and the flight wasn't the most pleasant one. Its the closest i have come to throwing up on board.But we survived that and got out and didn't have too many issues coming out.

Our connecting flight to Kilimanjaro is about 22 hrs later so we decided to stay in Mufasa Backpackers were Christine stayed the last time and she loved it.

Mufasa Backpackers is in Benoni about 20 min from the airport.Run by Toinibr and Juan,its a beautiful and very homely place to stay.The best part for me about the place were the dogs(4 in total):).

www.mufasabackpackers.com

Got picked up by Juan outside B3 which is the domestic arrival terminal.I couldnt just wait to get to the hostel and just sleep,I was soo tired with the jet lag and everything.Once we got to the lodge Toinibr showed us around. I hit the bed after playing with the dogs and updating facebook status. Didnt really feel hungry or couldnt be bothered.

It was pretty cold night and i wouldve loved a heater :).

And then i heard it!!! a ROOSTER waking me up with its cuck doo koo's. wow that hasnt happened for such a long time. I got a feeling Im going to love this trip.Hang on im supposed to be pissed off cause i couldnt sleep longer. But i wasnt i slept for about 10 hrs and feeling good againSO went for a walk about 5.30AM. It was damn cold and i just ended up playing with the dogs.

We flying out of Jo'berg via Ethiopia to Kilimanjaro @2 pm.

If you in Jo'berg do stay in Mufasa its a very nice place and the you will have a great host in Juan and Toinibr.

Upnext..KILIMANJARO!!!!

Tags: backpackers, johannesburg

Comments

1

enna da neraya thanni aduchiya enna flight la??

  Vidhya Aug 21, 2009 3:22 AM

2

Your funny. Your and your dogs. You sound like your going to have a lot of fun. I envy you. Bring back something for me. :). Miss our lunches together. Looking forward to reading more on your blog..

  An Aug 21, 2009 9:06 AM

3

hi Vinu,

sounds like you are having a grt time. I wouldn't have imagined it to be cold there. Hmmm. We (Alwyn, Manu and myself) are going to provide a quote for a family in yarraville tomorrow. Will keep you posted. Have fun...

Hema

  Hema Aug 26, 2009 9:33 AM

4

pls maintain dicipline in mufasa. try to workout hard to hike kilimanjaro .

  superman Sep 4, 2009 8:16 PM

About anoop


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about South Africa

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.