Existing Member?

2 go mad in india the beginning

wedding bells

INDIA | Sunday, 13 May 2007 | Views [804]

So on Monday Sophia got married!!!! How awesome is that. Her day started with her and her husband to be going down to the Buddhist temple where they prostrate and make promises to each other about their married life together. Then at 6 o'clock the party started yay! She looked absolutely stunning, her dress was incredible. It was a traditional Nomadic dress ( as Jam was a nomad in Tibet ) and he also wore a traditional Chuba which is like a very colourful jacket which you can all see when I put the photoes up. I love the way these weddings are so amazingly colourful. 

We all started off drinking Tibetan tea which is an acquired taste as is very salty. Then the happy couple sat on some chairs and we all put prayer scarves around them. One on Soph, one on Jam and one on a picture of the Dalai Lama which was above them. By the end they were both sat under a mountain of them. We then all tucked into some lovely food and then we got rid of the tea and started on the whisky and vodka. Tibetans love to sing and I guess a wedding is a perfect opportunity for a sing song. So they passed around an orange juice carton ( do love the simplicity) and whoever got it had to sing. The Tibetan nomadic songs sound so beautiful, when it came to my turn I decided to do a speech instead of putting everyone through me trying to sing "Dirty Ole Town". Then the tunes went on and everyone just had a bit of a boogey.

So its been nearly a week since she got married and I must say they are very happy and I am still getting my head around that we came away on this trip and what a life changer it has turned out to be. I'm sure if anyone had told Sophie in January she would be coming home a married woman she would of laughed her head off. But I guess as Forest would say  "Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you gonna get"

love and hugs to you all xxxxxxxxxxxx

Tags: Party time

About anniekaka


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.