Existing Member?

2 go mad in india the beginning

nice guys

INDIA | Monday, 12 March 2007 | Views [673]

So we are still here in Mcleod Ganj and still loving it. The people are so lovely and we have been spending most evenings having a few Bevvies with Jamir and Baby. Have tried to put him in the corner a few times but he ain't having it (Dirty Dancing fans will get that one)Yes apparantly this is what all his mates call him too. They are really lovely guys from Tibet. They're story is shocking. Baby left Tibet 7 years ago as it is very hard for Tibetans to get work there. He walked across the Himalayas for 30 days to get here. He had to do most of the walking at night as the risk of getting caught by the Chinese was pretty high. He didn't have a tent and it was bloody freezing. But he made it here to Daramsala where a lot of the Tibetan's come to and is now a refugee here. Jamir's story is pretty similar. They still have family in Tibet and I can't imagine how awful it must be not knowing when and if you will see your friends and family again. Am finding it all very humbling and realise how easy and simple my life is being born and bred in England. If I ever start moaning about the small shit again please someone slap me.

So anyway after getting talking to these 2 me and Soph have decided that we are gonna go to Tibet for a couple of weeks after Nepal. When we told them this last night they were so excited and started writing down addresses of family we can stay with and messages to give them. They're parents don't speak English so we have enrolled in a 5 day Tibetan language course so that we can at least say the basics when we get there. Am really excited about going there. Baby's parents are nomads so that will be pretty nuts to stay with them. He was telling me that they have a tradition when they are about 15 if they like a girl they ride on a yak to her tent try and sneak past her parents and if they like each other have a bit of a snog. Beats hanging round the streets drinking a bottle of thunderbird as I think I was doing at that age.

We are volunteering this afternoon at an English school. I think we just have to go and chat about what ever to the students so they can practice their English. Should be a laugh will be sure to teach them a few cheeky swearwords ball sucker and cunt spring to mind. Anyway folks thats enough of my waffle for the moment off to get a bowl of soup as am  sooooo cold. Nikki from Big Brother would hate it here bye for now xoxoxo

Tags: People

About anniekaka


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.