Existing Member?

SAVOR it i'm your ordinary "plain jane" who got to see w. europe last year...and my journey continues this year to w., e., and mediterranean europe. check out my videos at www.xanga.com/the_tereber_song

Detour to Dublin

IRELAND | Monday, 10 September 2007 | Views [946]

Dublin!  Dublin?

I decided to take my second week of Berlin, and fly out to Ireland instead.  Was this a good decision, a mistake?

I stepped into my first hostel on the south coast of Dublin near Sandycove and was asked if I had a friend there.  No...but I was going to meet my friend, Natalie in a couple days.  But, yes!  Her name is Natalie...the receptionist says...she is upstairs.

Upstairs?  Right now? 

YAYYYYYYY!

So, my time in Dublin has begun with my good pal Natalie.  Here we are again, 1 year later, in Europe together again, but this time in Dublin.  It's been so much fun...so much laughing and catching up on stories and retelling old ones.  I'm so glad she is here.  She booked a flight the previous Sat. and flew out to London the next day.  She's amazing!

Guiness.  Guiness.  Guiness.  But, I'm not a beer drinker!  0.4% alchohol, yay.  Well, give me the Guiness... The best calamari ever.  Fries, I mean, chips.  Crazy dirty hostels.  Crazy new friends.  Crazy last night in our first hostel with snorers 1, 2, 3, and 4, deniers (YOU were snoring!...But, cést impossible!!!) nose pluggers, plus a cell phone going off with carnival tunes all night long.  Very funny and a little frustrating.  Teddy's ice cream, the best ice cream in Ireland! -hey, tastes like McDonald's soft serve...but creamier, sorry.  Walks on the pier.  Cathedrals.  Community Nutella.  Deadly bathrooms.  Bono lives 15 minutes away.  Famous writers from the area, too.  Cute buildings and houses with character.  Dirty city, friendly people...I'll take it for the latter any day...and, ENGLISH.  whew...now, that's a break.

TBC ...we want to see some castles!!!

Tags: Adventures

 

 

Travel Answers about Ireland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.